How many hours of sleep does an average adult person get every night? In a perfect world – 8. In reality – 6, if you’re lucky 🙂 This review isn’t going to be about a “magic cream” which erases all the traces of the ‘I-barely-got-any-sleep’ situation or gets the phrase ‘dark circles’ out of your dictionary. We wish, right? Not sure such a cream was ever invented. However, this is one of the best eye creams I’ve ever had and it does a fab job at keeping your under-eye skin moisturized and eliminating those dark circles. So if you are just like one of Santa’s elves who stays up till late (working/studying/reading/being sucked into the Instagram wormhole) and needs to look fresher and brighter in the morning (and all day long), this cream might be just up your street 😉
It’s not a secret how much I love Clinique. Let’s face it, so do you, if you’ve tried basically anything from this brand. I got acquainted with this eye cream about a year ago when I was browsing around the Clinique stand at House of Fraser. Initially, I wanted to get something from the anti-blemish series as my skin broke out at that point (thank you, stress). And then I saw Clinique All About Eyes Rich and had a chat with the skincare expert to see if it’s going to suit me. The amazing thing is it works for all skin types! Yay to that because in summer my skin goes super oily. Then comes the fall and it gets sore-dry. Before letting you know my thoughts on this pot of goodness, we must get to the bottom of it. I got into this great habit of always checking the back of the product for its ingredients:
+ caffeine (promotes skin repair)
+ grape seed, pomegranate and tangerine extracts (antioxidant)
moss extract (helps blood circulation)
+ rosemary extract (soothes inflammation)
- love the fact that it suits all skin types and ages 18 +
- soft and pleasant smell (or more likely the sheer trace of it) won’t irritate those who are sensitive to scents
- rich texture and smooth velvet’y application
- absorbs into skin quickly with no residue or stickiness and works well with the concealer
- reduces the appearance of tiny fine lines (by “smoothing” them out – not overnight obvi)
- like I mentioned before, it didn’t “erase” dark circles completely but did brighten up the under-eye area
- it is really moisturizing which is the main reason why I got it
- not sure about its puffiness eliminating powers as, luckily, I hardly ever get puffy eyes
- it’s quite pricey (£26.50 for 15ml) but it lasts forever
- not a 100% “wow factor” cream (not sure one exists) but it’s close enough
- little tip: keep it in the fridge to get the best results 😉
- important: before purchasing a pot, try a sample and see if you’re not allergic nor sensitive to it (those who suffer from dermatitis, rosacea and rashes on skin, use carefully or try a different product)
Verdict: Will use it until I’m out of it. 7.5/10 according to what it does vs. what it promises to do.
Hope you enjoyed this Clinique All About Eyes Rich review, girlies.
Other skincare reviews & posts feat. this eye cream:
Find me on:
Bloglovin’: Miel and Mint
Facebook: Miel and Mint
Google+: Miel and Mint
Leave a comment and let me know if you have enjoyed this review.
Have you ever used Clinique All About Eyes Rich cream?
What’s your routine for under-eye skincare?
Is there an eye cream that you swear by?
Can’t wait to hear back from you, girlies!