Ok, who remembers those fun questionnaires girls used to write in middle school? I can’t be the only one who loved giving answers to hundreds of silly and random questions 🙂 That’s why this tag takes me back in time. How well do you know a person behind the blog? I am confident and happy to say that if you have been following Miel and Mint for a while, you know me quite well. You might not know what subject I loved at school (it was English and History, by the way) but you know what kind of a person I am. When my lovely blogger babe Kay of Shoes and Glitter blog tagged me in her post “50 Facts About Me” I knew it would be a fun one to do. I am sorry I put it off for a while but I guess it’s better late than never 🙂 Make sure to follow Kay (her blog is amazing!) and click to “view more” to learn a few (well, 50!) very random facts about yours truly.
This photo was taken 4 years ago on a Saturday afternoon (yes, I totally remember that).
It was freezing (even though it was mid-March) but I thought it was OK to wear a T-shirt for a photo shoot (never again).
Flu followed the very next day. Was it worth it? Yes! – Killer lashes & fab hair colour day MUST be captured! 🙂
So I planned I will write an introduction paragraph here but then I thought you were just about to read FIFTY (!!!) very random facts about me. It will be more than enough text to absorb. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
Here are 50 random facts about me in no particular order:
1. My name means “Hope” in Ukrainian and most Slavic languages.
2. I was born and raised in Ukraine.
3. English is not my first language but I use it 99.9% of the time.
4. I studied in the USA (Minnesota & New York City) and I speak with an American accent.
5. I am happily married and my husband is my bestEST friend.
6. My hubby is from Northern Ireland so we lived there before moving to England (where to next? haha).
7. People are confused when they hear me speak and always ask where I am from.
8. When I say I am originally from Ukraine, they say: “You sound American with a bit of an Irish twang” 🙂
9. I am a huge bookworm and a massive sushi addict.
10. If I could (or had like 48 hours in a day), I’d go to the cinema or watch at least one movie every day.
This photo was taken on January 1st 2014 – the first day of being engaged to my love. He proposed to me on New Year’s Eve in my favourite city in the whole world and you can clearly see how happy I am by that cheesy grin 😀 Eeekkk!
11. I don’t really have a favourite colour because I like so many.
12. When I go shopping I am always drawn to anything grey.
13. I grew up in a family that never had a lot but I was showered with love and never lacked anything.
14. I used to listen to a lot of “light” punk rock when I was a teenager (Blink 182, Good Charlotte and Fallout Boy).
15. I was “in love” with Nick Carter (“Backstreet Boys”) from the age of 10 up to when I was 16’ish (LOL).
16. My most favourite city in the world is NYC.
17. I am crazy about traveling and exploring new places and, thankfully, hubby shares my passion.
18. I have visited 15 countries so far and it’s just the beginning.
19. Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Whole Nut is my favourite chocolate EVA!
20. While I am quite indifferent to cakes and pastries but it’s hard for me to say no to milk chocolate.
This photo was taken in Ireland back in 2012 when I took a group of students to study at the summer language school in Dublin.
I wasn’t just a group leader or a teacher – I was a mum-away-from-home, a shoulder to cry on, a mentor and, most importantly, a friend.
21. I used to work for a foreign language school and taught students aged 3 to 68.
22. Back in Ukraine I used to have my own business and ran it successfully for 2.5 years before relocating.
23. At the moment I work as an interpreter and a translator (knowing all those languages finally pays off haha).
24. I am fluent in 3 languages but I understand 7 more.
25. Despite the fact that some find it “boring”, I am aspired to work in HR.
26. I am squeamish at the sight of blood – I have to turn away or walk away, otherwise I’ll faint.
27. I have a diagnosed arachnophobia. My ears start ringing and I hyperventilate when I see a “biggish” spider.
28. More than anything, I appreciate honest, kind and open-minded people.
29. I don’t believe in religion. I believe in my Creator, I am saved by Him and trust Him in my daily walk.
30. I live in jeans.
Ahh, those times when Hollister was big! 🙂
Northern Ireland, over 3 years ago – happy to be alive after walking Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.
I’m being dramatic, it wasn’t that scary (I am only afraid of heights just a teeny tiny bit) 🙂
31. I am addicted to coffee. Also, it MUST come with milk and sugar.
32. Nutella is my big weakness.
33. It takes me about an hour to get ready – eyeliner, people.
34. My favourite perfume (and it’s also my signature scent) is Miss Dior.
35. I am most relaxed at the sea. Beach is my happy place.
36. You would never see me not wearing nail polish.
37. I am a HUGE planner girl and to-do lists maker.
38. I am the only child & I’ve always wanted to have an older brother (I obviously didn’t see it wasn’t possible haha).
39. If there’s onion in anything, I will make sure to dig it out and leave it on the plate (can’t stand it!).
40. I am a 100% night owl – I become my most creative self when it’s after 11pm.
The happiest day ever (also a fact #41) – 12.08.2014 – saying “I do” to my man and becoming a family was the most amazing thing I did.
I love him to bits and pieces.
+ I would wear my wedding dress All.The.Time – gorgeous AND comfy! 🙂
41. My wedding day was the most perfect day in my life so far.
42. I have a Master’s Degree in International Relations.
43. There is only one Justin for me, and that’s JT aka Justin Timberlake 😀
44. If I could, I would put oregano into anything and everything.
45. I don’t smoke nor drink.
46. I laugh pretty loud when I am laughing genuinely.
47. I am a natural brunette but I feel more like myself being blonde.
48. I don’t have a middle name.
49. I started blogging only last August but now I can’t imagine how I lived before without it.
50. Miel and Mint (meaning behind it here) gave me a chance to make friends with so many people around the world and have the best readers and supporters. It includes you, the person reading this sentence right now.
Thank you so much 🙂
Hope you enjoyed my 50 Facts About Me tag and
that you now feel like you might know me better 😉
Feel free to do this tag, no matter what age you are, – it’s still fun,
and make sure to send me a link if/when you do.
Find me on:
Bloglovin’: Miel and Mint
Facebook: Miel and Mint
Google+: Miel and Mint
Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this post.
Can you relate to anything that is true about me?
You are a STAR for reading these 50 (!!!) random facts about me.